Young Journalists Club | Latest news of Iran and world

News ID: 14250
Asia » Asia
Publish Date: 11:01 - 16 October 2017
TEHRAN, October 16 -A dramatic footage shows how Yemen’s popular Houthi fighters conduct an ambush against Saudi Arabian troops in the border region of the kingdom’s extreme southwest.

Dramatic video captures Houthi ambush of Saudi troopsTEHRAN, Young Journalists Club (YJC) -A dramatic footage shows how Yemen’s popular Houthi fighters conduct an ambush against Saudi Arabian troops in the border region of the kingdom’s extreme southwest.

The independent Al-Masdar News online newspaper posted the purported video of the Sunday incident, recorded by the Houthis in Saudi Arabia’s Jizan region.

The footage shows roadside devices planted by the Yemeni fighters going off one after another, hitting Saudi convoys and troops, the paper said on Monday.

The successive blasts claimed four Saudi troops who were on a patrol in the mountainous region where Yemeni fighters often carry out hit-and-run operations, the report noted.

Houthi snipers slip over the frontier to target Saudi missions in retaliation for airstrikes and artillery shelling in Yemen.

The Houthis have been fighting Saudi troops and their mercenaries for more than 2.5 years now. Riyadh seeks to restore a former regime in Yemen through a war which has claimed the lives of thousands of civilians.

Earlier this month, the United Nations blacklisted Saudi Arabia and its allies for killing and maiming Yemeni children. The world body said Saudi attacks had been responsible for 683 child casualties and 38 verified attacks on schools and hospitals in 2016 alone.

Yemen’s army and its allies seized two districts in the city of Usaylan in the south-central Shabwah Province from Saudi-backed militants early Monday, pan-Arab paper Al-Quds Al-Arabi newspaper reported.   

The paper said the militants were mobilizing to seize back the districts, which bear strategic importance because of being best placed to recapture nearby areas.

On Sunday, thousands of people protested in Yemeni capital Sana'a to condemn the Saudi war on Yemen. Several Houthi flags and images of Houthi leader Abdul-Malik al-Houthi dotted the landscape, carried by chanting protesters.

A member of the Houthi political bureau, cited by AFP, accused Saudi Arabia of committing crimes against Yemen, and expressed the desire of the people not to negotiate with the Riyadh coalition, only for the "brutal aggression" to end.

The Saudi bombing campaign continues in Yemen along with US backing, with casualty figures casualty exceeding 16,200 people since the beginning of the invasion in March 2015.

A reported 40,000 have been injured and more than three million people have been displaced. Earlier this year, the UN made an urgent appeal to stave off famine in the country, as over 7 million people are facing the plight of starvation. Currently, over three million people, including 2.1 million children, are acutely malnourished.

The Saudi invasion has also devastated the country’s health infrastructure making it highly susceptible to a raging cholera epidemic, which has claimed more than 2,000 lives so far.

Source:Press

Tags
Your Comment
Name:
Email:
* Comment:
* captcha: