Young Journalists Club | Latest news of Iran and world

News ID: 15075
Iran » Iran
Publish Date: 18:42 - 02 November 2017
TEHRAN, November 2- Iran’s Foreign Ministry Spokesman Bahram Qassemi strongly censured a deadly attack by Saudi warplanes on a market in Yemen’s northwestern province of Sa’ada and called on the United Nations and other international bodies to investigate the carnage.

Iran condemns Saudis’ deadly attack on civilians in YemenTEHRAN, Young Journalists Club (YJC) - In a statement on Wednesday, Bahram Qassemi expressed sympathy with the families of the victims of the deadly attack, and said, “With its violent attacks targeting the innocent people of Yemen, Saudi Arabia is seeking to compensate for its political and military failures.”

In the early hours of Wednesday, Saudi warplanes hit several areas, including a marketplace, in Sa’ada, leaving at least 29 civilians dead.

The spokesperson said the Saudi airstrikes on residential areas and civilian targets as well as denying international bodies’ access to offer humanitarian aid to the victims are against all humanitarian laws.

Qassemi urged the UN and other key players in the Yemen crisis to step up their efforts to put an end to the Saudi airstrikes and adopt the required measures to protect the health and security of Yemeni civilians, particularly women and children.

Yemen’s defenseless people have been under massive attacks by the coalition for more than two and half years but Riyadh has reached none of its objectives in Yemen so far.

Since March 2015, Saudi Arabia and some of its Arab allies have been carrying out deadly airstrikes against the Houthi Ansarullah movement in an attempt to restore power to fugitive former president Abdrabbuh Mansour Hadi, an ally of Riyadh.

Over 12,000 Yemenis, including thousands of women and children, have lost their lives in the deadly military campaign.

Source: Tasnim

 

 

Tags
Iran ، Yemen ، attack
Your Comment
Name:
Email:
* Comment:
* captcha: