Young Journalists Club | Latest news of Iran and world

22 September 2017 - 00:50
News ID: 2256
Iran » Iran
Publish Date: 9:46 - 29 September 2013
Tehran, YJC. Araqchi has said that a statement by US official saying the Iranian side has made the phone call is untrue and that the Iranian government has officially objected to the statement.
Abbas Araqchi, Deputy Foreign Minister and a member of the Iranian negotiation team to New York, speaking about the Iranian and American presidents’ phone call said "In an atmosphere full of enthusiasm for a meeting with Rouhani by all countries and media, Obama asked for a meeting with Rouhani.”

"There are special complications to arranging such a meeting. After a long period of tense relations a meeting will not be an easy thing,” Araqchi added, speaking to the national TV.

"Rouhani decided that there could be no meeting,” he stated, adding "the representatives of the two countries made contact and other plans were discussed. At the end it was decided that a conversation over the telephone would be seen to and that’s how Obama called Rouhani.”

The Deputy FM rejected allegations by a US official that the phone call was made by Iran, saying "The meeting request for the two presidents was made by US officials.”

"One of their officials said something wrong. Then some media which do not want the relations to start magnified it. Then we objected and they said they would correct it,” Araqchi pointed out.

He added "We have never trusted Americans. We will not trust them along the course either. We always have in mind the Supreme Leader’s statement which said negotiations will reach nowhere.”

Araqchi also provided comments on arrangements for the future Iran-Six Majors talks and said "The upcoming negotiations will be held on October 15 and 16 in the cosmopolitan city of Geneva. As for the level of the sessions consultations are to continue. Zarif and Ashton are sure to be there. The level of the rest of the delegations is also being discussed.”

Pointing to the Syrian developments and the Geneva II meeting, he added "No decision has been made as to the attendance of Iran. There are sayings that the meeting will be held in mid November. So far there is no decision made about the countries as the opposition groups.”


Your Comment
Name:
Email:
* Comment:
* captcha: