Mehr News Agency reports that Nader Talebzadeh providing comments on his meeting with the Majlis Committee of National Security and Foreign Policy on Sunday said "In that meeting we wanted to introduce the New Horizon conference. The conference could give us an opportunity to consult people with whom we are in agreement in anti-Zionist terms and the criticism of the US.”
"We also wanted to say in this conference that withdrawing your complaint against companies which propagate Irano-phobia is not a good thing to do,” Talebzadeh added.
The filmmaker added that the members of the Security Council had not have enough knowledge about the conference and maintained that the conference had been intended to be an occasion when "American intellectuals and enlightened ones” would sit side by side with Iranian thinkers.
He further stated that the outcome of his meeting with the National Security members will not be clear unless more sessions are held, adding "We will have more sessions. All in all the attending members were positive about what I said and I think that those who stopped the New Horizon festival did not understand the real matter and the goal of the conference.”
He further stated that no reason had been given for the cancelation of the conference.
"Maybe one reason is objections to some of the guests. We had invited 70 people who were to speak in our defense and in objection to the US,” Talebzadeh pointed out.
He added "The decision not to hold the conference was made by the Foreign Ministry. Iranian Diplomacy published an article about the festival on its website where it related the issue to the Holocaust. That is where the idea sprang up that the conference moves in that direction. But the Foreign Ministry has to know that we also understand national interests and that the festival will expose the negotiations to no harm.”