Young Journalists Club | Latest news of Iran and world

News ID: 10556
Iran » Iran
Publish Date: 15:38 - 20 June 2017
TEHRAN, June 20, YJC - Iranian Deputy Foreign Minister for Arab and African Countries Hossein Jaberi-Ansari said no agreement has been made between Iran and Saudi Arabia on establishing interests section.

Iran: No agreement made on establishing Tehran-Riyadh interests sectionTEHRAN, Young Journalists Club (YJC) - He said establishing an interests section between Iran and Saudi Arabia needs a mutual agreement.

The Iranian diplomat said the two sides have held talks on the issue over last year, adding any agreement would be unveiled in case it is made.

Saudi Arabia severed diplomatic relations with Iran in January 2016 following demonstrations held in front of Riyadh’s diplomatic premises in Iran by angry protesters censuring the Al Saud family for the execution of prominent cleric Sheikh Nimr al-Nimr.

Some people mounted the walls of the consulate in Mashhad while incendiary devices were hurled at the embassy in Tehran. Some 100 people were detained over the acts of transgression. Iranian officials also strongly condemned the attacks.

Tehran-Riyadh relations worsened after a deadly human crush occurred during Hajj rituals in Mina, near Mecca in September 2015.

Days into the incident, Saudi Arabia published a death toll of 770 but refused to update it despite gradually surging fatality figures from individual countries whose nationals had been among the victims of the crush. Iran said about 4,700 people, including over 465 of its nationals, lost their lives in the incident.

 

 

Tags
Your Comment
Name:
Email:
* Comment:
* captcha: