Speaking at a press conference at the end of the nuclear negotiations with the Six Majors early Sunday, Iran’s Minister of Foreign Affairs Mohammadjavad Zarif said "There are a number of areas to today’s agreement the most important part of which is that Iran’s enrichment program has been recognized. This program is going to be continued.”
He added "According to the NPT, the international community thinks that we have the right to do enrichment and other countries must respect it. The talk we had focused on in the past few years had been for the international community to recognize such a right.”
Speaking in answer to a question stating that there is no mention of the right to enrichment in the accord, Zarif said "The right does not need any independent recognition. Iran’s nuclear program is peaceful and that is where recognition has been made.”
The Foreign Minister maintained that based on the agreement none of Iran’s enrichment facilities will be closed, that the Arak heavy water will continue in its current state, that no material is taken out of Iran and all the enriched material will remain in the country.
The Minister of Foreign Affairs of Iran further said that no new sanctions are to be imposed on the country and that the existing sanctions will decline.
He added "All that is done in the first period will be retrievable and any kind of dishonesty and perjury will be met with kind action and there is the possibility to retreat.”