Young Journalists Club | Latest news of Iran and world

News ID: 4928
Asia » Asia
Publish Date: 14:32 - 27 August 2014
Tehran, YJC. AEOI director says there is evidence that Eastern Asians have also engaged in acts of sabotage against Iran’s nuclear facilities.

Iran’s Atomic Energy Organization Director Ali Akbar Salehi speaking on the state TV on Wednesday said that a large number of sabotage attempts against Iran’s nuclear sites have been detected.

"There is no limit to nuclear sabotage instances,” he said, adding, "It is a pity that some Eastern Asian countries have also joined the field.”

He provided comments on the history of the computer worm Stuxnet and said "Before the sabotage was covered by Western media Iran was aware of it and had already learned how to cope with it.”

He said that Iran would not have mentioned the issue of Stuxnet if Western media had not said anything about it.

"It would have worried people by drawing public attention to the issue; besides that we wanted to go on without the West knowing anything about our preparedness,” he added.

Salehi stated "There is no limit to nuclear sabotage. Once more it revealed the nature of those who claim to human rights, because if we had not noticed the threat and something had happened, the neighbor countries would have also been affected by the catastrophe.”

A large number of sabotage attempts were obvious enough to us, he maintained.


Your Comment
Name:
Email:
* Comment:
* captcha: