TEHRAN, Young Journalists Club (YJC) - “There is no need to renegotiate parts of the agreement because the agreement is concerning a nuclear program and as such is delivering,” Mogherini told reporters following a UN meeting of the six powers that negotiated the deal with Iran on Wednesday in New York.
“We have all agreed that all sides are implementing so far the agreement,” she said.
US Secretary of State Rex Tillerson joined Iranian Foreign Minister Mohammad-Javad Zarif for a first meeting with partners backing the 2015 deal.
This comes as US President Donald Trump threatened to scrap the deal unless it is re-opened for negotiations.
On Wednesday, Trump told reporters that he had reached a decision, but did not elaborate.
Earlier in August, Iranian Presidnet Hassan Rouhani said Iran could abandon its nuclear agreement with world powers “within hours” if the United States imposes any more new sanctions, euractive reported.
But Mogherini, who chaired the meeting, argued that it would be unwise to re-open the deal at a time when the world is facing a nuclear threat from North Korea.
“We already have one potential nuclear crisis. We definitely do not need to go into another one,” she said.