TEHRAN, Young Journalists Club (YJC) -Yemen's official Saba news agency, citing an unnamed military official, said the short-range missile was launched at Saudi National Guards camp on Saturday, adding that the projectile hit its designated target with great precision.
There were no immediate reports of possible casualties or the extent of damage.
Meanwhile, the so-called military coalition led by Saudi Arabia against Yemen claimed in a statement, carried by the kingdom's official Saudi Press Agency (SPA), that the coalition had intercepted the Yemeni missile, which had been fired from the northern province of Sa’ada.
Riyadh frequently reports intercepting missiles fired from Yemen, but various reports have pointed out that US-made Patriot interceptors often fail.
Separately, Yemen’s Arabic-language al-Masirah television network, citing a military official, reported that the Yemeni army also fired a Zelzal 2-type ballistic missile at a camp of Saudi soldiers in the kingdom's southwestern region of Asir on Friday night.
Earlier this month, the media bureau of Yemen’s Operations Command, for the first time, released a video of the army’s reconnaissance operations on the flashpoint western coasts conducted by a number of unmanned aerial vehicles.
It said most of the missile attacks against the Saudi-led coalition, either inside Yemen or inside Saudi Arabia, were carried out based on coordinates collected by Yemeni drones.