Young Journalists Club | Latest news of Iran and world

News ID: 31915
Asia » Asia
Publish Date: 13:46 - 24 November 2018
TEHRAN, November 24 - Malaysian Minister of Defense refused taking part in UAE military drill, saying that his country has saved money not participating in that drill.

Malaysia not to join UAE military exercise

TEHRAN, Young Journalists Club (YJC) - Mohamed Sabu said in a statement to the media that the country’s military forces withdrawal from Saudi Arabia has reduced Malaysia’s military spending.

Malaysian military forces has been present in Saudi Arabia since 2015.

Sabu stressed that his country would only contribute its military forces peacekeeping mission on the request of UN.

He said that if there is a conflict between countries Malaysia does not intend to send military force to these countries.

Malaysia's defense minister had said earlier that the country’s policy is impartiality so for that reason it had withdrawn its military forces from Saudi Arabia to not intervene in the Yemeni war.

Saudi Arabia and a number of its regional allies launched the devastating campaign against Yemen in March 2015, with the aim of bringing the government of Hadi back to power.
According to a new report by the Armed Conflict Location and Event Data Project (ACLED), a nonprofit conflict-research organization, the Saudi-led war has so far claimed the lives of around 56,000 Yemenis.

International NGOs have warned that the Saudi-led coalition’s war on Yemen has put 14 million people on the brink of famine.

Malaysia not to join UAE military exercise

The Western-backed imposed war, which has so far failed to achieve its stated goals, has, however, constrained humanitarian deliveries of food and medicine to the import-dependent state, leading to a mass cholera outbreak and starvation from famine.

 

 

Tags
Your Comment
Name:
Email:
* Comment:
* :