TEHRAN, Young Journalists Club (YJC) - Yemen's armed forces spokesman Brigadier General Yahya Sare'e said Monday that Saudi-led forces had violated the ceasefire 184 times over a period of 48 hours.
He accused Saudi mercenary forces of committing further crimes against the people of Yemen in clear violation of their obligations under the Stockholm agreement.
Sare'e told Saba news agency that the forces had carried out 119 artillery attacks, fired four missiles and conducted 44 operations against residential neighborhoods, farms and Yemen's army sites.
Saudi warplanes, he said, had staged 36 airstrikes across Yemen, spanning the Sa’ada province in north to Hajjah province in northwestern parts of the country.
The Yemeni military official said the United Nation could hold the Riyadh regime and its mercenaries fully responsible for their failure to abide by the ceasefire.
Earlier this month, UN special envoy for Yemen Martin Griffiths met Mohammed Ali al-Houthi who pledged that the Supreme Revolutionary Committee under his order will fully observe the ceasefire.
According to a new report by the Armed Conflict Location and Event Data Project (ACLED), a nonprofit conflict-research organization, the Saudi-led war has so far claimed the lives of around 56,000 Yemenis.
The Saudi-led war has also taken a heavy toll on the country’s infrastructure, destroying hospitals, schools, and factories.
The UN has already said that a record 22.2 million Yemenis are in dire need of food, including 8.4 million threatened by severe hunger. According to the world body, Yemen is suffering from the most severe famine in more than 100 years.
Source: Press TV