Young Journalists Club | Latest news of Iran and world

News ID: 41060
Iran » Iran
Publish Date: 14:17 - 24 June 2019
TEHRAN, Jun 24 - Iranian Minister of Communication and Information Technology Mohammad Javad Azari Jahromi said the country managed to thwart about 33 million cyber attacks against its sensitive sites last year.

33mln cyber attacks on Iran foiled last year: MinisterTEHRAN, Young Journalists Club (YJC) - In a post on his Twitter account, Azari Jahromi dismissed as baseless some reports claiming that recent US cyber strikes had disabled Iranian rocket launch systems.

Some media outlets have asked if the claimed cyber attacks against Iran are true, he said, adding, “I have to say that for a long time, we have been facing cyber terrorism, like Stuxnet (virus), and unilateralism like sanctions.”

“Last year, we neutralized not a single strike but 33 million attacks with the Dejfa (national) firewall,” he wrote, stressing that the US tries hard but has not carried out a successful attack.

The Washington Post said on Saturday that the cyber strikes, which were previously planned, had disabled Iranian rocket launch systems.

The remarks came against the backdrop of increased tensions between Iran and the US after the Islamic Republic shot down an advanced US spy drone over its territorial waters.

The IRGC said on Thursday that a US spy drone that violated the Iranian territorial airspace in the early hours of the day was shot down by the IRGC Aerospace Force’s air defense unit near the Kooh-e-Mobarak region in the southern province of Hormozgan.

The intruding drone was reportedly shot by Iran’s homegrown air defense missile system “Khordad-3rd”.

In comments made a few hours after the incident, IRGC Commander Major General Hossein Salami said the shooting down of the US aircraft had a straightforward message that any foreign intrusion into Iran’s sovereign territories would draw a crushing response.

“The downing of the US drone had an explicit, decisive and clear message that defenders of the Islamic Iran’s borders will show decisive and knockout reactions to aggression against this territory by any alien,” he said.

“Borders are our redline, and any enemy violating these borders will not go back,” the commander underlined.

He also made it clear that Iran is not seeking war with any country but is fully prepared for any confrontation. “Today’s incident was a clear sign of such a precise message.”

The general also reminded the enemies that the only way for them to remain safe is to respect Iran’s territorial integrity, national security and vital interests.

Source: Tasnim

Your Comment
Name:
Email:
* Comment:
* captcha: