TEHRAN, April 5, YJC -Iran’s highest-ranking military official stressed that the armed forces will press ahead with plans to boost the country’s defense capabilities and deterrent power, saying that every effort will be made to counter the anti-Iran psychological warfare waged by the US and its allies.
TEHRAN, Young Journalists Club
(YJC) - "By God’s grace and in line with the Islamic Republic of Iran’s defense doctrine… we will not back off for a moment from the process of strengthening the country’s deterrent power and defense might, will not give in to pressure, the propaganda war and the psychological operation by the US and its allies, and will keep fighting with the upper hand,” Chief of Staff of the Iranian Armed Forces Major General Mohammad Hossein Baqeri said on Tuesday, addressing a group of military officials on the occasion of the new Iranian year, which began on March 21.
The senior general also noted that a top priority in the new year for the Armed Forces, particularly the Army and the IRGC, would remain to be an upgrade to defense preparedness, quick reaction to threats, and boosting intelligence activities regarding the ultra-regional enemies stationed around the country.
In a statement last week, General Staff of the Iranian Armed Forces said the country’s deterrent power in the military sphere has reached such great magnitude that the enemies recoil in "strategic horror”.
In September 2016, Leader of the Islamic Revolution Ayatollah Seyed Ali Khamenei called on Iran’s Armed Forces to remain in a constant state of preparedness to counter the threats.
"The Iranian nation is today faced with a wide range of enemies because of its insistence on Islam, independence, sublime values… and the Armed Forces must be ready all the time to play their role if necessary,” the Leader had said.
(Source: Tasnim News Agency)