TEHRAN, May 13, YJC - Iranian Foreign Ministry Spokesman Bahram Qassemi condemned Friday terrorist attack on Pakistani officials, and renewed Tehran’s call for concerted effort against the growing threat of terrorism.
The blast took place in the town of Mastung, about 50km south of Balochistan provincial capital Quetta.
Pakistani Senate Deputy Chairman Abdul Ghafoor Haideri escaped the attack with light wounds, medical officials said, but his driver and another aide in the same vehicle were killed.
Later on Friday, the Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant (ISIL, also known as ISIS) terrorist group claimed responsibility for the attack, in a statement released by its Amaq website. It said the attack had been carried out by a suicide bomber wearing an explosive vest.
In statement on Friday evening, the Iranian spokesman expressed sympathy with the Pakistani government and nation and the bereaved families of the victims of the terrorist attack.
"As we announced on many occasion, fighting this inauspicious phenomenon is not possible just in words and uprooting terrorism needs a serious resolve and effective step within comprehensive cooperation,” Qassemi noted.
He further voiced Iran’s preparedness to work with the neighboring states in defusing this growing and dangerous trend.
Source: Tasnim News Agency