TEHRAN, June 7, YJC - Terrorist operations in Iran’s parliament has been over, an Iranian informed official told ISNA.
TEHRAN, Young Journalists Club (YJC) -
"Security forces managed to kill all 4 armed assailants (attacked the parliament) minutes ago (during the operation),” the official said.
The forces are now purging and checking the parliament building, the informed source continued.
Armed assailants started shooting in the parliament Wednesday morning which still has continued up to minutes ago.
Daesh terrorist group has claimed responsibility for the attacks.
At least four gunmen have reportedly intruded into the premises of the Majlis, opening fire on the security guards there.
The assault has forced a lockdown on the legislature.
Separately, three gunmen attacked the Imam Khomeini Mausoleum in Tehran, opening fire on people inside and wounding a number of them.
The report said one of the assailants has been killed, another has blown himself up and a third one has been injured.
Informed sources say a suicide bomber’s explosive vest has also been discovered and deactivated in the vicinity of the mausoleum.
Iran’s state television quoted an Intelligence Ministry source as saying that the twin attacks in Tehran were being treated as terrorist incidents.
IRNA cited an official with the Intelligence Ministry’s Counterterrorism Department as saying that several terrorist teams had entered the capital earlier in the day.
One of the terrorist teams was busted before managing to stage any attacks, while two others attacked the parliament building and the mausoleum. At the shrine, one bomber was killed before setting off his explosives, but another managed to blow himself up.
Overall, 12 were martyred and 42 others were wounded in the twin terrorist attacks.